Supermicro expands its edge computing and network appliance portfolio based on the new Intel® Xeon® D-2100 processor. The Supermicro X11SDV Series Motherboards offer infrastructure optimization by combining the performance and advanced intelligence of Intel® Xeon® processors into a dense, lower-power system-on-a-chip:
- Intel® Xeon® D-2100 processor, with up to 18 cores
- Up to 512GB DDR4-2666 memory
- Up to four 10GbE LAN ports with RDMA support
- SKUs available with Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel® QAT)
- Multiple storage and I/O expansion options including mini PCI-E, M.2 and NVMe support.
Supermicro also introduces several new servers and embedded systems:
- SuperServer® E300-9D Compact Box Embedded System is optimized for network security appliance, SD-WAN, vCPE, and NFV edge computing. Supermicro’s new SYS-E300-9D is a compact box embedded system that is well-suited for the following applications: network security appliance, SD-WAN, vCPE controller box, and NFV edge computing server. Based on Supermicro’s X11SDV-4C-TLN2F mini-ITX motherboard with four-core, 60-watt Intel Xeon D-2123IT SoC this system supports up to 512GB memory, dual 10GbE RJ45 ports, quad USB ports, and one SATA/SAS hard drive, SSD or NVMe SSD.
- SuperServer® 5019D-FN8TP Compact (less than 10-inch depth) 1U Rackmount Embedded System The new SYS-5019D-FN8TP is a compact (less than 10-inch depth) 1U rackmount embedded system that is ideal for cloud and virtualization, network appliance and embedded applications. Featuring Supermicro’s X11SDV-8C-TP8F flex-ATX motherboard supporting the eight-core, 80-watt Intel Xeon D-2146NT SoC, this power and space efficient system with built-in Intel QAT crypto and compression supports up to 512GB memory, four GbE RJ45 ports, dual 10GbE SFP+ and dual 10GbE RJ45 ports, dual USB 3.0 ports, four 2.5″ internal SATA/SAS hard drives or SSDs, and internal storage expansion options including mini-PCIe, M.2 and NVMe support.
- MicroCloud servers featuring the 8-core D-2141i and the 18-core D-2191 processors.
Supermicro is introducing two new MicroCloud servers based on the new processors. Perfect for cloud computing, dynamic web serving, dedicated hosting, content delivery network, memory caching, and corporate applications, these systems support eight hot-pluggable server nodes in a 3U enclosure with a centralized IPMI server management port. The SYS-5039MD8-H8TNR features the 8-core, 65-watt Intel Xeon D-2141i SoC, and the new SYS-5039MD18-H8TNR features the 18-core, 86-watt Intel Xeon D-2191 SoC. Each server node for these MicroCloud systems supports up to 512GB of ECC memory, one PCI-E 3.0 x16 expansion slot, two hybrid storage drives that support U.2 NVMe/SATA3, two M.2 NVMe/SATA3 connectors, and dual GbE ports.
- 4U/8U SuperBlade® servers featuring the 18-core D-2191 and the 16-core D-2187NT processors with 100G Crypto/Compression.
Supermicro’s 4U/8U SuperBlade enclosures feature blade servers that support new Intel Xeon D-2100 System-on-a-Chip (SoC) processors, including the 18-core D-2191 processor as well as the 16-core D2187NT processor with 100G Crypto/Compression. The blade servers support up to 512GB DDR4 memory, hot-plug 2.5″ U.2 NVMe/SATA drives, M.2 NVMe, and 25Gb\10Gb Ethernet and 100G Intel® Omni-Path (OPA) or 100G EDR InfiniBand. Redundant chassis management Modules (CMM) with industry standard IPMI management tools, high-performance switches, integrated power supplies and cooling fans, Battery Backup Modules (BBP) make this all-in-one blade solution ideal for datacenter and cloud applications.