Intel recently announced a new series of Xeon processors based on Skylake architecture and designed specifically for use in single-socket appliance servers, IoT devices, web servers etc.
The new Xeon D-2100 series CPUs use 14nm process and provide up to 18 cores with 36 hardware threads with clock speeds up to 2.8GHz or 3GHz with turbo boost
Other notable features include:
- Support for up to 512GB DDR4 ECC RAM running at 2666MHz
- 32 PCIe 3.0 lanes
- AVX-512 vector math acceleration
- Up to 100Gbps Quickassist cryptography acceleration
- SATA and USB interfaces
- 20 I/O lanes
- Up to four 10GbE integrated
- Maximum power consumption is within 110W TDP or lower.
Xeon D-2100 will come in 14 SKUs – all details and specifications may be found in the gallery below: